CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Bible!

I lost my bible a long time ago. I was upset over it. I would use another bible but it wasn't my bible. I found it yesterday and I had to wonder what exactly it was about that particular bible that made me miss it so. Did I idolize it? Did I put more worth in it than others? When I touched the familiar leather saw the faded gold I realized that I didn't idolize it, I just missed it like an old friend.

Flipping through the pages seeing the different ways its been worn, reminded me of what I shared with this particular book. Not only does it hold Gods Word, it holds some of my tears, memories and triumphs.
The tear stains map out struggles in my life, the church split, my dad dying, worry over my children all shown in the round ripples over the scripture.
Some pages are marked with lines, some with stars, church programs with notes furiously written to keep up with the message being spoken to me, all crammed in its pages. A note from my daughter, a book mark given to me by traveling evangelist from the Honduras, a bookmark given to me by one of the kids in my class. All memories that remind me to pray. All things I could live without but so very thankful I don't have to.
Some pages hold memories of reward for waiting on God's timing not my own or of a time of struggle.

All of the pages hold hope for me for showing me how far I have come since I have had the bible. I imagine that it will be retired one day but for now, I'll treasure it like the old friend that it is.



0 comments:

Post a Comment